If your business specializes in complex products, it can be challenging to find a copywriter who can effectively convert your highly technical ideas into user-friendly, persuasive copy. Here’s the real talk: you’re probably a lot smarter than your customers. That’s why they buy your products! But that means that it can be hard for you to effectively communicate on a level that your customers can truly understand.
When it comes to technical writing – creating tech manuals and user guides – you’ll need someone with a more detailed background in your industry, usually with an education in your scientific or technical field. But at some point, you’ll be trying to sell to a purchasing agent, CEO, or consumer who doesn’t have a strong technical background, and we’ll have to find a way to sell your product effectively without mis-stating or lying about what your product actually does.
This requires someone who can do more than put together a few sentences. You need a translator – someone who can translate “tech speak” into “marketing talk”. Just like British English and Southern US English are two separate dialects of the English language, “tech speak” and “marketing talk” are also totally separate speech patterns and dialects. You’ll need someone with fluency in both dialects who can bridge the gap between what’s in your head and what motivates your buyer.
Why Do Dialects Matter?
Junior writers often fret about the craft of writing – the grammar, the mechanics, the specifics of putting words on the screen. Expert writers tend to dig into human psychology and the way people naturally speak, which means that we explore things like dialects, slang, and colloquial speech patterns.
These things matter, especially in writing for complex topics, because they make your copy more persuasive and more compelling. People are more likely to buy if they feel like you can connect with them, and we can use our words to forge that connection.
Tech Speak vs. Marketing Talk
Our CDN uses AES 256-bit encryption
Our content delivery network uses the most robust encryption available to ensure that our data is secure.
Armed with an understanding of disease architecture, we combine patient-derived, induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), genome editing, high content cellular phenotyping, and machine learning to build in vitro models of disease.
By understanding how diseases work, we can use patient stem cells, genetic editing, cellular phenotyping, and machine learning to build a model of the disease in the lab.
Capture indicators of fraudulent activity such as unexplained cash or abnormal invoice activity and build a full audit trail of your customers’ accounts using our single API
Quickly spot signs of fraudulent activity like unexplained cash or unusual transactions. Perform a full audit of your account with a single click.
Connectors ingest and normalize data from disparate systems. They are flexible and can ingest a plethora of data from all sorts of sources ranging from our partners to custom internally developed applications.
Our software connects to different systems to process data from different sources. These connections are flexible and can integrate information into your own applications.
I've Got You Covered
Need someone who can handle your most obscure tech speak? Looking for the magic link between your genius developers and your end user? I’ve got you covered!
I wrote all the copy for this site (excluding the blog) and assisted on design & UX.
I wrote several pages on this site under the "What is PAI" section, as well as a few others.
My ghost-written pieces have appeared in Wired, Weglot, TechCrunch, Forbes, and WPCurve.
- Tech CEO
- Experience with SaaS, PaaS, IoT, AI/ML, energy/utility companies, biotech, insurtech, and fintech
- Specialized training and experience working with and communicating with people on the autism spectrum, people with ADHD, and people with other neurodivergencies
- Extensive background managing spoken and written communications across cultural, international, and socioeconomic barriers
- Training and experience writing and designing for people with disabilities and prioritizing accessibility for all
- Data Tracking & Analytics (Google Analytics Certified)
- SEO & SEM (Google AdWords Certified)
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing (HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certified)
- Email Marketing (MailChimp Foundations Certified)
- Landing Pages
- A/B testing, multivariate testing, & conversion optimization (CRO)
- Marketing Research
- Product Marketing Management
- Video Content Creation
- Marketing Automation
- Worked in startups from pre-Seed to Series A (and beyond)
- Worked in startups as a contractor and employee as Copywriter, Marketing Manager, CMO, and CEO
- Participated in fund-raising and strategic partnership building for early-stage and mature startups
- Participated in hiring, recruiting, training, and team-building at startups
- Expert at developing a Brand Playbook and a Brand Identity for new startups or new products
Let's Get Started!
Your Copy Isn't Going to Write Itself!
But I can write it for you!